- Wear The Cost – Maryland Health Care Commission
- Maryland Health Care Quality Reports: Hospital Guide – Maryland Health Care Commission
- Maryland Health Care Quality Reports: Health Plan Guide – Maryland Health Care Commission
- Maryland Health Care Quality Reports: Physician Information – Maryland Health Care Commission
- Maryland Health Care Quality Reports: Nursing Home Quick Compare – Maryland Health Care Commission
- Maryland Health Care Quality Reports: Home Health Quick Compare – Maryland Health Care Commission
State legislation related to healthcare public reporting
- Senate Bill 135, Hospitals-Comparable Evaluation System-Health Care-Associated Infection Information (2006): Law requires hospital-acquired infection information to be reported to Maryland Health Care Commission. This information will be included in their existing hospital quality reporting system and be presented in a manner that will allow comparisons among hospitals.
- House Bill 791 (1999) required the Maryland Health Care Commission to develop and provide to the public, a “Nursing Home Report Card” on the quality of care in Maryland’s nursing homes.
House Bill 705 (1999) called for the establishing of a common set of performance measurements and disseminating the findings of the performance measurements to hospitals, consumers, and other interested persons.
MHCC’s public reporting mandate was expanded to include certain long-term care providers also in 1999.
In 1996, MHCC was required to develop a system to comparatively evaluate the quality of care and performance of HealthBenefits Plans to facilitate quality improvement and promote informed decision-making among consumers.
All-Payer Claims Database (APCD)
- APCD Legislation: Led to the establishment of the Maryland Health Care Commission Medical Care Data Base (MCDB).