The latest quarterly refresh of hospice quality data is now available on Medicare Compare – Hospice (data updated May 24, 2023).
Quality of Patient Care Measures
Patients who got an assessment of all 7 HIS quality measures at the beginning of hospice care to meet the HIS Comprehensive Assessment Measure requirements (2021Q3_2022Q2)
Percentage of patients who received visits from a registered nurse or medical social worker on at least 2 out of the final 3 days of their life. (2019Q2_2019Q4 and 2020Q3_2021Q3)
Hospice Care Index Score: (2019Q2_2019Q4, 2020Q3_2021Q3)
The HIS Comprehensive Assessment Measure is a composite of 7 HIS care process measures.
- NQF #1617 Patients treated with an Opioid who are Given a Bowel Regimen
- NQF #1634 Pain Screening
- NQF #1637 Pain Assessment
- NQF #1639 Dyspnea Screening
- NQF #1638 Dyspnea Treatment
- NQF #1647 Beliefs/Values Addressed (if desired by the patient)
- NQF #1641 Treatment Preferences
Patient and Family Experience Measures (8 measures)
Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) Survey®
CAHPS Hospice Survey data are used to calculate the Family caregiver survey rating (updated quarterly) reporting data for 2020Q3_2022Q2.
- Communication with family
- Getting timely help
- Treating patient with respect
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Help for pain and symptoms
- Training family to care for patient
- Rating of this hospice
- Willing to recommend this hospice