Newsweek released their list of World’s Best Specialized Hospitals 2023, partnering with Statista Inc., to develop a complex methodology to ensure the quality and validity of the ranking. Three data sources were used for the evaluation: hospital recommendations from peers, patient experience, and various medical KPIs.
For the World’s Best Specialized Hospitals 2023 ranking awards, the leading hospitals worldwide in eleven medical fields: Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Oncology, Endocrinology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Pediatrics and (for the first time) Urology.
- The lists are based on a global survey, to which over 40,000 medical professionals (doctors, health care professionals and hospital manager) were invited.
- The ranking features the top 300 hospitals for Cardiology and Oncology, the top 200 for Pediatrics, the top 150 for Cardiac Surgery and Endocrinology and the top 125 for Neurology, Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology and Urology.
The list is based on three data sources:
1. Worldwide online survey of thousands of experts: (July to August 2022)
2. Accreditation data (new): Several accreditations/certifications have been added to the scoring model (where available).
3. PROMS survey (new): In 2022, Newsweek and Statista, together with the Expert Board, designed a survey regarding the status quo of implementation and use of generic and condition specific PROMs in hospital settings.
And for the second year, Newsweek and Statista have developed a list of hospitals that best avail themselves of the most advanced technologies. The World’s Best Smart Hospitals 2023 ranks the 300 facilities in 28 countries that lead in their use of AI, digital imaging, telemedicine, robotics and electronic functionalities.