A survey of more than 1,100 Missouri adults, conducted from April 1 to April 18, 2022, by Altarum Healthcare, found that:
- 3 in 5 (62%) experienced at least one healthcare affordability burden in the past year;
- 4 in 5 (82%) worry about affording healthcare in the future;
- Lower-income respondents and respondents with disabilities reported higher rates of going without care and incurring debt due to healthcare costs; and
- Across party lines, respondents express strong support for government-led solutions.
Altarum’s Consumer Healthcare Experience State Survey (CHESS) is designed to elicit respondents’ unbiased views on a wide range of health system issues, including confidence using the health system, financial burden and views on fixes that might be needed.
- Altarum Healthcare: Missouri Consumer Healthcare Experience State Survey