Healthcare Transformers released USA’s healthcare hotspots, highlighting the country’s best states for healthcare. US healthcare hotspots were defined are places where healthcare is both easily accessible and of a high quality, depending on cost, availability of advanced technology and appointments and satisfaction levels of residents.
The data points included in this report were chosen as they show a wide range of information, from official statistics to the opinions of residents.
The following data points were used to determine which are the best states to live in for healthcare:
- Number of hospitals in the state altogether
- Number of state residents per hospital in that state
- Number of staffed beds in the state’s hospitals altogether
- Number of discharges
- Number of patient days
- Gross patient revenue
- Patient satisfaction
- Number of dentists per 100,000 people
- Infant mortality rate
- Number of deaths per 100,000 people annually
- Maternal mortality rate
- Life expectancy at birth
- Annual healthcare expenditure per capita in $USD
The Top 10 best places to live in the US for healthcare include: New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Florida, North Dakota, South Dakota, New Jersey, Minnesota and Colorado.