The latest quarterly Hospice Compare refresh of quality data is now available on Medicare Compare – Hospice (data updated Feb 2022).
Hospice Item Set (HIS) quality measure results (Quality of Care) updated to report data through Q1 2021.
- Percentage of patients getting at least one visit from a registered nurse, a physician, a nurse practitioner, or a physician assistant in the last 3 days of life (2019Q1_2019Q4)
- Patients who got an assessment of all 7 HIS quality measures at the beginning of hospice care to meet the HIS Comprehensive Assessment Measure requirements (2020Q3_2021Q1)
The HIS Comprehensive Assessment Measure is a composite of 7 HIS care process measures.
- NQF #1617 Patients treated with an Opioid who are Given a Bowel Regimen
- NQF #1634 Pain Screening
- NQF #1637 Pain Assessment
- NQF #1639 Dyspnea Screening
- NQF #1638 Dyspnea Treatment
- NQF #1647 Beliefs/Values Addressed (if desired by the patient)
- NQF #1641 Treatment Preferences
Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) Survey® results reporting 2018Q4_2019Q4, 2020Q3_2021Q1.
- Communication with family
- Getting timely help
- Treating patient with respect
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Help for pain and symptoms
- Training family to care for patient
- Rating of this hospice
- Willing to recommend this hospice
- Medicare Care Compare: Hospice measures reporting time periods