Ziekenhuischeck.nl (hospital check) has published the annual results for hospital performance in relation to quality of care for Dutch hospitals for 2020.
To provide more insight into the quality of care, the Dutch hospitals jointly launched the Ziekenhuischeck.nl website on 4 October 2018. Hospitals keep track of results on quality and treatments throughout the year. Patients can also compare hospitals or compare a hospital with the national average. Data is updated annually. The information presented on the site comes from a variety of sources, including:
- Healthcare Institute Netherlands – The Transparency Calendar of the National Health Care Institute contains measuring instruments and questionnaires that are used by health insurers for the purchase of care and that are intended as information for patients to choose from.
- Health and Youth Care Inspectorate (IGJ) – The Basic Set of Medical Specialist Care of the Inspectorate for Healthcare and Youth (IGJ) consists of data with which the government measures whether the quality in hospitals is in order.
- Dutch Healthcare Authority (NZA) – Hospitals are legally obliged to post the current waiting times on their website each month. The Dutch Healthcare Authority (NZA) collects this data.
- Independent research – The figures for patient satisfaction (report figure) come from an annual survey of the opinion of patients, visitors and residents of hospitals.
- Ziekenhuischeck.nl: https://nvz-ziekenhuizen.nl/