Turquoise Health, a price transparency platform that brings together healthcare provider rates and procedure data has released a price transparency limited research dataset for researchers.
The Turquoise Health limited research dataset is built using publicly available data disclosed by hospitals across the United States in compliance with the machine-readable file requirement of the CMS Hospital Price Transparency Regulation (45 CFR §180.50).
Included in this dataset is the facility fee portion for a curated list of shoppable services mandated for disclosure by CMS. The data will continue to be updated as Turquoise Health updates and improves its overall database. The shoppable services being included in this release are:
- Colonoscopy, diagnostic
- CT scan, pelvis, with contrast
- Electrocardiogram, routine, with interpretation and report
- Emergency Level 3
- Emergency Level 4
- Emergency Level 5
- Kidney Function Blood Test Panel
- Knee arthroscopic cartilage removal
- MRI scan of brain before and after contrast
- New patient office or other outpatient visit, typically 30 min
- New patient office of other outpatient visit, typically 45 min
- New patient office of other outpatient visit, typically 60 min
- Ultrasound of abdomen, complete
- Uterine and adnexa procedures, non-malignancy
This free dataset adds to the available information on the Turquoise Health platform. Currently, anyone can visit the site and see thousands of procedures and compare costs at facilities around them. Turquoise Health also has an interactive map where compliant providers can be viewed along with costs associated with their services.
- Turquoise Health: https://turquoise.health/researchers