Leapfrog is planning four changes to the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade methodology that will be used to calculate the fall 2021 Hospital Safety Grades.These updates were made under the guidance of Leapfrog’s national expert panel and research team at Johns Hopkins Medicine and are based on stakeholder feedback.
Leapfrog is inviting public comments on these proposed changes through May 31, 2021.
The methodology changes include:
- Scoring for the Hand Hygiene measure from the Leapfrog Hospital Survey
- Maintaining CMS infection data from the spring 2021 Hospital Safety Grades for hospitals that do NOT submit a 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Survey (including Section 7)
- Replacing six (6) of the individual PSI measures with the PSI 90 composite measure
- Implementing a new standard weight calculation to account for the addition of a composite measure (PSI 90)
- Leapfrog Group: Planned Updates to the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade Methodology for Fall 2021: Request for Public Comments