Altarum Healthcare Value Hub released results from a new survey that looks specifically at how affordability concerns and ideas for action play out in New Jersey.
The survey of more than 900 New Jersey adults, conducted from May 7, 2020 to May 12, 2020, found that:
- Half (50%) experienced healthcare affordability burdens in the past year;
- More than three-quarters (77%) are worried about affording healthcare in the future;
- High numbers are worried about becoming ill from the coronavirus; and
- Across party lines, they express strong support for government-led solutions.
Altarum’s Consumer Healthcare Experience State Survey (CHESS) is designed to elicit respondents’ unbiased views on a wide range of health system issues, including confidence using the health system, financial burden and views on fixes that might be needed.
- New Jersey Consumer Healthcare Experience State Survey – https://www.healthcarevaluehub.org/advocate-resources/new-jersey-consumer-healthcare-experience-state-survey