The latest quarterly Hospice Compare refresh of quality data is now available on CMS Hospice Compare (data updated Aug 13, 2020).
Hospice Item Set (HIS) quality measure results (Quality of Care) updated to report data for Q4 2018 through Q3 2019.
- Percentage of patients getting at least one visit from a registered nurse, a physician, a nurse practitioner, or a physician assistant in the last 3 days of life
- Patients who got an assessment of all 7 HIS quality measures at the beginning of hospice care to meet the HIS Comprehensive Assessment Measure requirements
The HIS Comprehensive Assessment Measure is a composite of 7 HIS care process measures.
NQF#1617 Patients treated with an Opioid who are Given a Bowel Regimen
NQF #1634 Pain Screening
NQF #1637 Pain Assessment
NQF #1639 Dyspnea Screening
NQF #1638 Dyspnea Treatment
NQF #1647 Beliefs/Values Addressed (if desired by the patient)
NQF #1641 Treatment Preferences
Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) Survey® results reporting Q4 2017 – Q3 2019.
- Communication with family
- Getting timely help
- Treating patient with respect
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Help for pain and symptoms
- Training family to care for patient
- Rating of this hospice
- Willing to recommend this hospice
- CMS Hospice Compare: https://www.medicare.gov/hospicecompare/