The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) QI v2020 software will be released on 31 July, 2020. The v2020 software will calculate risk-adjusted rates based on one full year of ICD-10-CM/PCS coded all-payer 2017 data. No indicators were retired in v2020.
- Hospital level indicators in the Pediatric Quality Indicators (PDI) module are now risk-adjusted in the SAS QI and WinQI v2020 software.
- In the IQI module of AHRQ SAS QI v2020, the All Patient Refined Diagnosis Related Groups (APR-DRGs) in the risk-adjustment models are based on the patient’s admission diagnoses and use present on admission (POA) information.
- In the PDI module of the AHRQ SAS QI v2020, the Clinical Classifications Software Refined (CCSR) in the risk-adjustment models are based on the patient’s discharge admission diagnoses and use present on admission (POA) information.
- v2020 QI software will not include COVID-19 codes in either the QI technical specifications or in the risk adjustment.
- Both the SAS QI and WinQI v2020 software will be available for download from the AHRQ QI website at: http://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/Software/Default.aspx.