Last month, Virginia Health Information (VHI) published its annual Cardiac Care Report, to help consumers compare the quality of care in Virginia’s acute hospitals. The Cardiac Care Report includes five years (2014-2018) of the most recent mortality and readmission rates for 73 Virginia hospitals. Statewide summaries reflect all cardiac discharges from acute hospitals spanning medical cardiology, invasive cardiology and open heart surgery.
Key findings from the 2018 Cardiac Care Report show:
- Readmission and mortality were slightly lower compared to 2017 data
- Patients between the ages 30 -39 had the largest decrease in mortality rates
- Males had a slightly higher rate of mortality compared to females
- Readmission rates fell statewide for the 4thyear in a row
- Annual Cardiac Care Report: http://vhi.org/cardiac/