California Health and Human Services Agency and Cal Hospital Compare recognized hospitals across California for their high performance in maternity care, patient safety, and commitment to safe opioid care.
Cal Hospital Compare produces three hospital honor rolls to accelerate hospital progress, recognize and celebrate hospital performance, and to support patients and families in choosing hospitals that best fit their healthcare needs.
- Maternity Care Honor Roll recognizes hospitals hitting a statewide target of low-risk C-sections
- Patient Safety Honor Roll offers Californians a rigorously evaluated list of hospitals that have consistently demonstrated a strong culture of safety across multiple departments
- Opioid Care Honor Roll supports the continued efforts of California hospitals addressing the opioid epidemic and accelerate hospital progress to reduce opioid related deaths
• 36 hospitals met performance standards in both maternity care and patient safety.
• 134 hospitals met performance standards in maternity care.
• 77 hospitals met performance standards in patient safety.
• 60 hospitals are being recognized for participating in the pilot year of the opioid care honor roll program.
Cal Hospital Compare released its first Patient Safety Honor Roll this year, recognizing 77 hospitals with high safety profiles in comparison to other California hospitals. Cal Hospital Compare evaluated a set of publicly available patient safety measures to evaluate hospitals across several areas in patient safety, including hospital acquired infections, adverse events, sepsis management, patient experience, and more. Also this year Cal Hospital Compare launched the Opioid Care Honor Roll to help address the ongoing opioid crisis.
- Cal Hospital Compare Honor Rolls: http://calhospitalcompare.org/programs/
- California Health & Human Services Agency: https://www.chhs.ca.gov/blog/2019/12/13/cal-hospital-compare-announces-2019-honor-rolls/