The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will enhance and strengthen its oversight and quality transparency of Accrediting Organizations (AO) by increasing transparency for patients on the organizations’ performance. One of the three ways proposed is through the public posting of AO performance data. CMS will post new information on the CMS.Gov website, including: The latest quality-of-care deficiency findings following complaint surveys at facilities accredited by AOs; a list of providers determined by CMS to be out of compliance, with information included on the provider’s AO; and overall performance data for AOs themselves. To view AO performance data, visit: https://qcor.cms.gov/hosp_cop/HospitalCOPs.html.
CMS to Post Accrediting Organization Performance Data Online
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Commonwealth Fund Release 2023 Scorecard on State Health System Performance
- U.S. News Announces the 2023-2024 Best Children’s Hospitals
- KFF Survey Finds Most Consumers Across Types of Insurance Had Problem with Coverage in Past Year
- Study Finds Transgender People More Likely to be Admitted When Seeking Emergency Care
- FAIR Health Launches Interactive Tool Tracking Cost of Giving Birth State by State