- Payers should build upon efforts to make healthcare more transparent by posting price information alongside quality information.
- Health plans can take an active role in promoting data exchange, and increasing clinical quality transparency, when designing value-based payment models.
- Individual provider performance data, not just organization performance data, is needed to improve clinical transparency
- Shortcomings in healthcare transparency lead to significant patient safety risks and higher care costs. Payer and employer groups can address transparency by collecting data about provider organizations, and then sharing that information with other stakeholders.
- Reducing Health Care Costs: Examining How Transparency Can Lower Spending and Empower Patients. U.S. Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor & Pensions. September 18 2018
- Payers Play Crucial Role in Healthcare Quality Transparency. HealthPayerIntelligence. September 19 2018