New York State Department of Health has released its latest report on hospital acquired infection rates (HAIs) in 2016.
The report provides information on six types of HAIs:
1. Surgical site infections (SSIs) following colon, coronary artery bypass graft, hip replacement, and hysterectomy procedures
2. Central line-associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs)
3. Catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs)
4. Clostridium difficile infections (CDIs)
5. Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae infections (CREs)
6. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) bloodstream infections (BSIs)
In accordance with NYS Public Health Law 2819, NYS hospitals have been reporting HAIs since 2007.
- Hospital‐Acquired Infections in New York State, 2016. NYS Department of Health. June 2018 (PDF)