New York State Department of Health’s (NYSDOH) online tool – NYS Provider & Health Plan Look-Up Tool – to help consumers ascertain which providers participate in which health plans has been greatly expanded. It now includes information to assist more than 4.3 million individuals accessing physicians and hospital services across the state of New York. Initially rolled out last summer to support individuals covered by NYSDOH’s NY State of Health Marketplace (including Qualified Health Plans, the Essential Plan, Child Health Plus and Medicaid managed care), the look-up tool now includes information on more than 100 additional commercial insurance provider networks, and includes dental and vision provider information. The only networks not accessible via the tool are self-funded plans, which aren’t regulated by New York State. A tutorial video is available at https://info.nystateofhealth.ny.gov/LookUpTutorial. The tool was developed by IPRO’s Health Informatics Department.
NYS Provider & Health Plan Look-Up Tool Expanded
More from New YorkMore posts in New York »
- Study Finds Surprise-Billing Laws May Have Impact on In-Network Contract Negotiations Between Payers and Providers
- Study Finds After States Enacted Surprise-Billing Laws, Some Outpatient Service Prices Decreased
- Report Finds Wide Variation in Prices for Childbirth Across and Within NYC Boroughs
- Study Finds Social Determinants Matter For Hospital Readmission Policy
- ClearHealthCosts Finds NY Health Insurers Requested Average 12% Rate Increases on Individual Plans for 2021