The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) invites the public to comment on the Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) measures. This is an opportunity for health plans, purchasers, consumers and other stakeholders to weigh in on the relevance, scientific soundness and feasibility of new and revised measures and to provide input on HEDIS guidelines.
NCQA seeks comments on the following:
- New measures for HEDIS that assess risk of chronic opioid use, hospitalizations following discharge from a skilled nursing facility, health assessments for people with multiple high-risk chronic conditions, adult immunization status and prenatal immunization status.
- Four new measures that will be part of a new HEDIS volume focusing on organizations that provide or coordinate long-term services and supports (LTSS).
- Revisions to measures assessing blood pressure control, follow-up after emergency department visits for mental illness and hospital readmissions.
- Ways to shorten and update the HEDIS Health Plan CAHPS®2(CAHPS 5.0H) survey to reflect current topics of interest to stakeholders.
- Potential strategies to address issues that apply across multiple measures: exclusions for patients with advanced illness and the use of telehealth in physical health.
- Two changes to the HEDIS General Guidelines.