Medicaid was the primary payer for 54 percent of hospitalizations for patients younger than 18 (excluding hospitalizations for pregnancies and newborns) in 2015. That represented a sizeable increase from 2000, when Medicaid paid for 39 percent of hospitalizations in that category.
AHRQ Stats: Private Insurance vs. Medicaid for Hospital Payments
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- National Employer Groups to Hospitals and ASCs: Participate in the 2021 Leapfrog Surveys
- CMS Sends Warning Letters to Hospitals Breaking Federal Rules Regarding Price Transparency
- Release of Health Care Provider Rates and Procedure Data
- Analysis of Data Finds Price of PCR Covid Test Varies by State
- Nursing Home Quality Data on Medicare Care Compare