Medicaid was the primary payer for 54 percent of hospitalizations for patients younger than 18 (excluding hospitalizations for pregnancies and newborns) in 2015. That represented a sizeable increase from 2000, when Medicaid paid for 39 percent of hospitalizations in that category.
AHRQ Stats: Private Insurance vs. Medicaid for Hospital Payments
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Research Finds Commercial Health Insurance Markups over Medicare Prices for Physician Services Vary Widely by Specialty
- AHRQ Releases 2019 HCUP Nationwide Databases (KID, NASS, NEDS, and NRD) and NEDS CCR Files
- U.S News Announces Changes to their Physician Survey
- Study Finds Significant Racial Disparities in Pediatric Mental Health Rehospitalizations
- Yelp Star Ratings on Health Care Facilities May Reveal County-Level Death Rate Disparities