While the rate of hospitalizations (excluding pregnancies and newborns) declined for all age groups from 2000 to 2015, the biggest drop — 25 percent — occurred among patients 65 and older.
AHRQ Stats: Decline in Hospitalizations
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Healthgrades Recognizes 145 Leading Hospitals for Excellence Across Obstetrics & Gynecology
- US News’ 20 Honor Roll Hospitals & CMS Star Ratings
- Money.com to Release List of Best ASCs in the U.S.
- NQF Endorses Claims-Based Measure: Hospice Visits in Last Days of Life
- Price Transparency Leading to Increase in Employer, Hospital Tensions