While the rate of hospitalizations (excluding pregnancies and newborns) declined for all age groups from 2000 to 2015, the biggest drop — 25 percent — occurred among patients 65 and older.
AHRQ Stats: Decline in Hospitalizations
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- New Report Finds Reduced Health Insurance Costs on Obamacare Marketplaces
- Financial and Human Cost of Medical Errors – New Report
- Study Finds Higher COVID-19 Mortality Among Black Patients Linked to Unequal Hospital Quality
- Study Finds Bundled Payments Program Results Similar for Voluntary or Mandatory Participation
- HCUP Findings-At-A-Glance Series Related to Hospital Use and Cost