Hospital stays involving atrial fibrillation increased more than 50 percent for Americans age 18 to 64 from 1998 to 2014. Rates have stabilized in recent years for those age 65 and older. Source: AHRQ, Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project Statistical Brief #236: Inpatient Stays Involving Atrial Fibrillation, 1998-2014: https://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/reports/statbriefs/sb236-Atrial-Fibrillation-Hospital-Stays-Trends.jsp
AHRQ Stats: Atrial Fibrillation Hospitalization Rate Rises for Americans Under 65
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Beckers ASC Review on ASCs and Total Joint Replacements
- MoneyRates Releases Best States for Healthcare 2021 Ranking
- Joint Commission To Begin Public Reporting of Perinatal Care Measures in January 2021
- Oregon Moves Towards Curbing Health Care Costs Via Legislature
- New State and Federal Laws Working to Address Out-of-Network Billing in Massachusetts.