The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has released ICD-10-CM/PCS-compatible v7.0 beta software for SAS and WinQI.
Important Note: AHRQ has named v7.0 a “beta version” as a signal to users that there may be significant differences between results obtained when using data and QI software based on ICD-9-CM coding vs. the results obtained when using data and QI software based on ICD-10-CM/PCS. Users should interpret rates using the 7.0 beta version with caution. A brief introduction to the differences between ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM/PCS is available at: https://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/datainnovations/BriefIntrotoICD-10Codes041117.pdf. For more information on the new v7.0 beta SAS and WinQI software for ICD-10-CM/PCS, visit https://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/News/ICD10_v70_FAQ.pdf.
This release also includes coding updates to align with the latest ICD-10-CM/PCS coding guidance. For a complete list of the indicator level changes, refer to the Change Logs for each module:
- Prevention Quality Indicators (PQIs): https://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/Downloads/Modules/PQI/V70/ChangeLog_PQI_v70.pdf
- Inpatient Quality Indicators (IQIs): https://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/Downloads/Modules/IQI/V70/ChangeLog_IQI_v70.pdf
- Patient Safety Indicators (PSIs): https://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/Downloads/Modules/PSI/V70/ChangeLog_PSI_v70.pdf
- Pediatric Quality Indicators (PDIs): https://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/Downloads/Modules/PDI/V70/ChangeLog_PDI_v70.pdf
Other software updates include:
- For SAS v7.0 beta software for ICD-10-CM/PCS: Software download is available separately for each module at: http://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/Software/SAS.aspx
- Win QI v7.0 beta software for ICD-10-CM/PCS: Enhanced reporting capabilities, including the ability to create report templates, view previously run reports, perform case-level troubleshooting, and run advanced validation reports
- Download a single ICD-10 installer package for all four modules at: http://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/Software/winQI.aspx
Because of the transition to ICD-10-CM/PCS, risk adjustment is not supported in v6.0 and v7.0 beta SAS and WinQI software for ICD-10-CM/PCS. At least one full year of data coded in ICD-10-CM/PCS is needed to develop robust risk adjustment models for the ICD-10-CM/PCS compatible software. A full year of ICD-10-CM/PCS coded all-payer data will not be available to AHRQ until summer of 2018; therefore, risk-adjustment capabilities for ICD-10 software are anticipated by the end of 2018.
In addition, 14 indicators have been retired and are not included in this release. Additional information is available at: https://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/News/default.aspx.