The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) have released the new Hospice Compare website (www.medicare.gov/hospicecompare/). The site displays information in a ready to use format and provides a snapshot of the quality of care each hospice facility provides to its patients. The Hospice Compare site allows patients, family members, caregivers, and healthcare providers to compare hospice providers based on important quality metrics, such as the percentage of patients that were screened for pain or difficult or uncomfortable breathing, or whether patients’ preferences are being met. Currently, the data on Hospice Compare is based on information submitted by approximately 3,876 hospices.
CMS Releases Hospice Compare Website
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Hospital Quality Data Refresh on Medicare Care Compare
- AHRQ Stats: Hospital Admission Emergency Department Visits
- Home Health Patient Experience and Quality of Care Data Refresh on Medicare Care Compare
- CMS Updates Data on Geographic Data in the Medicare Program
- New Jersey Has Highest Average Allowed Amount for Complex COVID-19 Hospitalizations in State-by-State Analysis