The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) have released the new Hospice Compare website (www.medicare.gov/hospicecompare/). The site displays information in a ready to use format and provides a snapshot of the quality of care each hospice facility provides to its patients. The Hospice Compare site allows patients, family members, caregivers, and healthcare providers to compare hospice providers based on important quality metrics, such as the percentage of patients that were screened for pain or difficult or uncomfortable breathing, or whether patients’ preferences are being met. Currently, the data on Hospice Compare is based on information submitted by approximately 3,876 hospices.
CMS Releases Hospice Compare Website
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Study Finds Bundled Payments Program Results Similar for Voluntary or Mandatory Participation
- HCUP Findings-At-A-Glance Series Related to Hospital Use and Cost
- New HCUP HCUP Statistical Briefs on COVID-19-Related Hospitalizations
- CMS Issues One Week Reprieve to Nursing Homes Yet to Report COVID Vaccination Rates
- U.S News & World Report Releases 2021-22 Best Children’s Hospitals Rankings