Healthcare IT News writes hospitals will increasingly turn to larger EHR vendor platforms, such as Epic, Cerner and AllScripts) for population health management initiatives instead of implementing standalone products. The article cites predictions of a wave of consolidation as hospitals move from best-of-breed to integrated platforms for population health management. HIMSS Analytics ranked EHRs as the most common tool that hospitals are using for population health management projects currently underway in its second annual population health survey. The other commonly-used technologies include portals, patient engagement tools, manual care management, data aggregation software, analytics and business intelligence programs.
Leading EHR Platforms More Appealing to Hospitals Than Standalone Options
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Quarterly Home Health Data Refresh on Care Compare
- Hospital Quality Data Refresh on Medicare Care Compare Website
- AHRQ Stats: Costliest Hospital Stays
- Report: Only 5% of Hospitals Fully Compliant With Price Transparency Rule
- Report Finds Black Patients Experience Higher Rates of Adverse Safety Events Than White Patients at Same Hospital