The Agency for Health Care Administration (Agency) has announced the selection of the Health Care Cost Institute (HCCI) as the vendor partner that will create an online health care transparency tool for Florida where consumers can find and compare the price of common health care services in their area. The tool will calculate prices based on data from actual insurance claims that have been paid to Florida health care providers, and will help consumers estimate their out of pocket costs before they receive a health care service. The tool will allow visitors to the Agency’s existing health care information website, FloridaHealthFinder.gov, to compare health care providers based on both price and quality so they can make more informed decisions when seeking health care services.
HCCI To Create Online Health Transparency Tool for the State of Florida
More from FloridaMore posts in Florida »
- Study Finds Surprise-Billing Laws May Have Impact on In-Network Contract Negotiations Between Payers and Providers
- Study Finds After States Enacted Surprise-Billing Laws, Some Outpatient Service Prices Decreased
- Homeless Patients More Likely to be Readmitted to Hospital Within 30 days
- Study Finds Pediatric Death Higher in EDs With Lower Pediatric Readiness
- State Efforts to Protect Consumers from Surprise Balance Billing