Kaiser Health News writes: More than 1,600 hospitals will earn the rewards, federal officials announce, but that is about 200 fewer than in 2016. In addition, the number of hospitals being penalized under the program is growing. Medicare officials also announce final rules for hospital off-site facilities and choose new private contractors to audit hospital billing.
Fewer Hospitals Will Earn Medicare Bonuses for Quality Care in 2017
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Report Finds U.S. Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Spending Increases By 10% To $491 Billion
- CMS Removes Hospital Price Transparency Requirement From 2022 Inpatient Payment Rule
- Quality Reporting Resources for ASCs
- Study Finds Within Individual Health Systems Black and White Patients Received Different Opioid Doses