Kaiser Health News writes: More than 1,600 hospitals will earn the rewards, federal officials announce, but that is about 200 fewer than in 2016. In addition, the number of hospitals being penalized under the program is growing. Medicare officials also announce final rules for hospital off-site facilities and choose new private contractors to audit hospital billing.
Fewer Hospitals Will Earn Medicare Bonuses for Quality Care in 2017
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- OPA Release 2021-2022 Edition Health Care Quality Report Cards for Medical Group Commercial and Medical Group – Medicare
- NASHP Hospital Cost Tool Gives Insight on Spend on Patient Care Services
- Consumer Health Ratings to Close After 16 Years
- Study Finds CMS Hospital Ratings Highly Sensitive to Methodological Choices in Calculation
- CMS Proposed Rule to Suppress Public Reporting of Key Measures of Preventable Hospital-Caused Harm