Kaiser Health News writes: More than 1,600 hospitals will earn the rewards, federal officials announce, but that is about 200 fewer than in 2016. In addition, the number of hospitals being penalized under the program is growing. Medicare officials also announce final rules for hospital off-site facilities and choose new private contractors to audit hospital billing.
Fewer Hospitals Will Earn Medicare Bonuses for Quality Care in 2017
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Hospital Safety Rankings: Brand Names Do Not Always Mean Good Quality
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals 2021
- CMS to Find Ways to Protect Consumers from Ground Ambulance Services Surprise Medical Billing
- AHRQ Stats: Impact of the Onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Older Adult Hospitalizations
- How Unnecessary Follow-Up Care Can Lead to Financial Harm