Kaiser Health News writes: More than 1,600 hospitals will earn the rewards, federal officials announce, but that is about 200 fewer than in 2016. In addition, the number of hospitals being penalized under the program is growing. Medicare officials also announce final rules for hospital off-site facilities and choose new private contractors to audit hospital billing.
Fewer Hospitals Will Earn Medicare Bonuses for Quality Care in 2017
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Report Finds Urgent Care Centers Not Associated With Decrease in Total Healthcare Costs
- Maryland Quality Reporting
- Press Ganey Report Finds Hospital Safety Declined Significantly After Year of Pandemic
- CMS Proposed Rule To Include New SNF Measures, Modification to Public Reporting for SNF QRP Quality Measures
- CMS Proposed Rule Includes Changes to Public Reporting of Home Health Quality Measures, Hospice Patient Experience Measures