The Office of the National Coordinator released the final rule for the ONC Health IT Certification Program, which highlights the importance of protecting public health and safety while also strengthening transparency and accountability in the certification program. The “ONC Health IT Certification Program: Enhanced Oversight and Accountability” final rule will enable the ONC Health IT Certification Program to better support physicians and hospitals – the vast majority of whom use certified electronic health records – and the rapid pace of innovation in the health information technology market, according to the ONC, writes Healthcare IT News.
ONC Posts New Rule, Highlights EHR Safety, Transparency
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Press Ganey Report Finds Hospital Safety Declined Significantly After Year of Pandemic
- CMS Proposed Rule To Include New SNF Measures, Modification to Public Reporting for SNF QRP Quality Measures
- CMS Proposed Rule Includes Changes to Public Reporting of Home Health Quality Measures, Hospice Patient Experience Measures
- Making the Case for Adjusting Quality Measures for Social Risk Factors
- Virginia Health Information Releases 2021 AHRQ QI Report