The Office of the National Coordinator released the final rule for the ONC Health IT Certification Program, which highlights the importance of protecting public health and safety while also strengthening transparency and accountability in the certification program. The “ONC Health IT Certification Program: Enhanced Oversight and Accountability” final rule will enable the ONC Health IT Certification Program to better support physicians and hospitals – the vast majority of whom use certified electronic health records – and the rapid pace of innovation in the health information technology market, according to the ONC, writes Healthcare IT News.
ONC Posts New Rule, Highlights EHR Safety, Transparency
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- AHRQ HCUP 2020 Nationwide Readmissions Database (NRD) and NRD Cost-to-Charge Ratio (NRD CCR) Files Released
- NQF Updates Roadmap Designed to Amplify Patient Voice in Digital Healthcare Quality Measures
- CIVHC: Post-Pandemic Telehealth Visits Remain High With Majority of Visits for Mental Health
- New HCUP Statistical Brief: Hospital Stays Among Children
- Tenth PX Pulse Report: Consumer Perspectives on Patient Experience in the U.S.