The Office of the National Coordinator released the final rule for the ONC Health IT Certification Program, which highlights the importance of protecting public health and safety while also strengthening transparency and accountability in the certification program. The “ONC Health IT Certification Program: Enhanced Oversight and Accountability” final rule will enable the ONC Health IT Certification Program to better support physicians and hospitals – the vast majority of whom use certified electronic health records – and the rapid pace of innovation in the health information technology market, according to the ONC, writes Healthcare IT News.
ONC Posts New Rule, Highlights EHR Safety, Transparency
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- NQF Begins Accepting Public Comments to Review Quality Measures Used in Federal Programs
- Cancer Death Rates Among Black People Declined Over Time, Remains Higher Than Other Racial and Ethnic Groups
- U.S. News rates Senior Living Communities
- New FAIR Health Study Reports 76 Percent of Patients Diagnosed with Post-COVID Conditions Had Never Been Hospitalized for COVID-19
- HCCI Analysis Finds Price of Childbirth in the U.S. Tops $13,000 in 2020