The National Quality Forum’s Measure Applications Partnership (MAP) began its 2016-2017 work to recommend measures for CMS pay-for-performance, public reporting, and other programs in advance of federal rulemaking. The MAP Coordinating Committee overseeing this work is co-chaired by Chip Kahn, MPH, president and chief executive officer of the Federation of American Hospitals, and Harold Pincus, MD, professor and vice chair of psychiatry at Columbia University and director of quality and outcomes research at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Now in its sixth year, MAP’s annual review of measures for use in federal programs helps ensure that these programs measure important aspects of clinical care for the more than 55 million Americans covered by Medicare.
NQF’s Work to Recommend Measures for Federal Programs is Underway
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- National Employer Groups to Hospitals and ASCs: Participate in the 2021 Leapfrog Surveys
- CMS Sends Warning Letters to Hospitals Breaking Federal Rules Regarding Price Transparency
- Release of Health Care Provider Rates and Procedure Data
- Analysis of Data Finds Price of PCR Covid Test Varies by State
- Nursing Home Quality Data on Medicare Care Compare