The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently announced the inclusion of Veterans Administration (VA) hospital performance data. The VA hospital performance data can be found via a link on Hospital Compare: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/HospitalQualityInits/HospitalCompare.html. Additional VA hospital data will be added in December with plans for future seamless integration of VA data onto the Hospital Compare website to allow comparison of performance between VA and civilian acute care hospitals. The VA tables include data for quarterly timely and effective care measures, VA satisfaction survey results, outcomes measures including mortality and readmission rates for selected conditions, behavioral health measures, and measures of patient safety.
Hospital Compare is updated with VA hospital performance data
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- NQF Begins Accepting Public Comments to Review Quality Measures Used in Federal Programs
- Cancer Death Rates Among Black People Declined Over Time, Remains Higher Than Other Racial and Ethnic Groups
- U.S. News rates Senior Living Communities
- New FAIR Health Study Reports 76 Percent of Patients Diagnosed with Post-COVID Conditions Had Never Been Hospitalized for COVID-19
- HCCI Analysis Finds Price of Childbirth in the U.S. Tops $13,000 in 2020