The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently announced the inclusion of Veterans Administration (VA) hospital performance data. The VA hospital performance data can be found via a link on Hospital Compare: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/HospitalQualityInits/HospitalCompare.html. Additional VA hospital data will be added in December with plans for future seamless integration of VA data onto the Hospital Compare website to allow comparison of performance between VA and civilian acute care hospitals. The VA tables include data for quarterly timely and effective care measures, VA satisfaction survey results, outcomes measures including mortality and readmission rates for selected conditions, behavioral health measures, and measures of patient safety.
Hospital Compare is updated with VA hospital performance data
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- CMS-1754-F Final Rule for Changes to Home Health Quality Reporting Program
- CMS-1748-F Final Rule for FY 2022 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program
- CMS-1746-F: Final Rule for FY 2022 Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Reporting Program
- Report Finds Declining Volume in Pediatric, Maternal and Newborn Departments in U.S Health Systems, Uptake in Pediatric ICU Visits
- New Release: Massachusetts Acute Care Hospital Quarterly Update (October 2018 – March 2021)