The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has released a new public data set on Medicare hospice utilization and payment. The Hospice Utilization and Payment Public Use File (Hospice PUF) is a comprehensive resource for information on hospice utilization, payments, submitted charges, diagnoses, and beneficiary demographics organized by hospice provider and state. With this data, it is now possible to analyze geographic variation in the delivery of hospice care, as well as variation across individual hospice providers. The Hospice PUF also includes a number of metrics on hospice beneficiary demographics and sites of service to facilitate analyses of differences in the patient population across providers. The public data set includes information on 4,025 hospice providers, over 1.3 million hospice beneficiaries, and over $15 billion in Medicare payments for 2014.
CMS Releases New Data on Medicare Hospice Utilization and Payment
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- HCCI 2020 Health Care Cost and Utilization Report
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement
- AHRQ Release new HCUP Fast Stats
- Latest Hospice Data Refresh on Medicare Care Compare
- Parents of Hospitalized Children May Not Feel Equipped to Report Mistakes, According To Latest Leapfrog Group Patient Experience Report