Interesting opinion piece in Stat News on the burden that electronic health records (EHRs) inflict on providers and care teams, reducing the time they have available for interacting with patients. A possible solution put forth is for the introduction of medical scribes – trained professionals who would interact with the EHR thus freeing up the provider to have greater interaction with their patients.
Reducing the Burden of EHRs on Providers, a Possible Solution
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Consumer Health Ratings to Close After 16 Years
- Study Finds CMS Hospital Ratings Highly Sensitive to Methodological Choices in Calculation
- CMS Proposed Rule to Suppress Public Reporting of Key Measures of Preventable Hospital-Caused Harm
- Call for Hospitals to Make Radical Transparency Real and Accessible to Improve Patient Safety
- NQF Begins Accepting Public Comments to Review Quality Measures Used in Federal Programs