Interesting opinion piece in Stat News on the burden that electronic health records (EHRs) inflict on providers and care teams, reducing the time they have available for interacting with patients. A possible solution put forth is for the introduction of medical scribes – trained professionals who would interact with the EHR thus freeing up the provider to have greater interaction with their patients.
Reducing the Burden of EHRs on Providers, a Possible Solution
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Report Finds Urgent Care Centers Not Associated With Decrease in Total Healthcare Costs
- Maryland Quality Reporting
- Press Ganey Report Finds Hospital Safety Declined Significantly After Year of Pandemic
- CMS Proposed Rule To Include New SNF Measures, Modification to Public Reporting for SNF QRP Quality Measures
- CMS Proposed Rule Includes Changes to Public Reporting of Home Health Quality Measures, Hospice Patient Experience Measures