Interesting opinion piece in Stat News on the burden that electronic health records (EHRs) inflict on providers and care teams, reducing the time they have available for interacting with patients. A possible solution put forth is for the introduction of medical scribes – trained professionals who would interact with the EHR thus freeing up the provider to have greater interaction with their patients.
Reducing the Burden of EHRs on Providers, a Possible Solution
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Report Finds U.S. Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Spending Increases By 10% To $491 Billion
- CMS Removes Hospital Price Transparency Requirement From 2022 Inpatient Payment Rule
- Quality Reporting Resources for ASCs
- Study Finds Within Individual Health Systems Black and White Patients Received Different Opioid Doses