Interesting opinion piece in Stat News on the burden that electronic health records (EHRs) inflict on providers and care teams, reducing the time they have available for interacting with patients. A possible solution put forth is for the introduction of medical scribes – trained professionals who would interact with the EHR thus freeing up the provider to have greater interaction with their patients.
Reducing the Burden of EHRs on Providers, a Possible Solution
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- California Health Care Foundation Study — Health Care Markets in California Approaching Monopoly Levels
- NCQA Launches Pilot Program for Health Equity Accreditation Plus
- Lack of Price Transparency for Radiology Services
- AHRQ HCUP Fast Stats Data Update
- CO APCD Claims Volume Data Show Continued Increase in Behavioral Health Services