Interesting commentary in Modern Healthcare on the need for hospitals to find new ways to engage and monitor patients after a stay because they face financial penalties for excess readmissions within 30 days after discharge. Hospitals are now beginning to look for ways to foster electronic communication between patients and providers during the post-discharge period. The key is assuring that patients know how to use and will benefit from any new technology.
New Electronic Tools Necessary for Effective Post-discharge Monitoring to Reduce Readmissions
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Oklahoma House of Reps Passes Bill for Greater Health Care Price Transparency
- AHRQ Stats: Hospitalization for Cancer
- Study Finds Employer-Provider Direct Payment Program Associated With Lower Episode Costs
- Study Finds National Heart Failure Hospitalizations Increased From 2014 Onwards
- Consumer Survey Reveals Worries About Rising Health Care Costs