Interesting commentary in Modern Healthcare on the need for hospitals to find new ways to engage and monitor patients after a stay because they face financial penalties for excess readmissions within 30 days after discharge. Hospitals are now beginning to look for ways to foster electronic communication between patients and providers during the post-discharge period. The key is assuring that patients know how to use and will benefit from any new technology.
New Electronic Tools Necessary for Effective Post-discharge Monitoring to Reduce Readmissions
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Hospital Safety Rankings: Brand Names Do Not Always Mean Good Quality
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals 2021
- CMS to Find Ways to Protect Consumers from Ground Ambulance Services Surprise Medical Billing
- AHRQ Stats: Impact of the Onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Older Adult Hospitalizations
- How Unnecessary Follow-Up Care Can Lead to Financial Harm