Modern Healthcare writes the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) has added its voice to those questioning the accuracy of the CMS’ hospital quality star-rating system and whether or not it penalizes hospitals with the sickest patients. The panel, which advises Congress on Medicare spending, will develop its own quality measures and a corresponding payment structure.
MedPAC Questions Validity of CMS Hospital Star Ratings
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Oklahoma House of Reps Passes Bill for Greater Health Care Price Transparency
- AHRQ Stats: Hospitalization for Cancer
- Study Finds Employer-Provider Direct Payment Program Associated With Lower Episode Costs
- Study Finds National Heart Failure Hospitalizations Increased From 2014 Onwards
- Consumer Survey Reveals Worries About Rising Health Care Costs