IPRO, a national organization providing a full spectrum of healthcare assessment and improvement services, has been awarded special federal funding to promote the use of a surgical management tool it recently converted from a paper-based format to a mobile application. The free, smart phone application and online tool developed by an IPRO-led coalition enables clinicians to easily determine whether, when, and how to stop and restart the use of warfarin and oral anticoagulants during elective surgery and other invasive procedures. Intuitively organized, the Management of Anticoagulation in the Peri-Procedural Period, or MAPPP app, provides individualized patient guidance for management of anticoagulant medications based on patient thrombosis (blood clot) risk and specific procedural bleeding risk.
IPRO to Promote Surgery Management Tool
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- AHRQ HCUP 2020 Nationwide Readmissions Database (NRD) and NRD Cost-to-Charge Ratio (NRD CCR) Files Released
- NQF Updates Roadmap Designed to Amplify Patient Voice in Digital Healthcare Quality Measures
- CIVHC: Post-Pandemic Telehealth Visits Remain High With Majority of Visits for Mental Health
- New HCUP Statistical Brief: Hospital Stays Among Children
- Tenth PX Pulse Report: Consumer Perspectives on Patient Experience in the U.S.