From 2005 to 2013, the rate of potentially avoidable hospitalizations for all conditions, excluding chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, fell about 23 percent. The rate was highest among African Americans and lowest among Asians and Pacific Islanders. (Source: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2015 National Healthcare Quality and Disparities Report Chartbook on Care Coordination.)
AHRQ Stats: Potentially Avoidable Hospitalizations
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Beckers ASC Review on ASCs and Total Joint Replacements
- MoneyRates Releases Best States for Healthcare 2021 Ranking
- Joint Commission To Begin Public Reporting of Perinatal Care Measures in January 2021
- Oregon Moves Towards Curbing Health Care Costs Via Legislature
- New State and Federal Laws Working to Address Out-of-Network Billing in Massachusetts.