AHA News writes: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services postponed to Jan. 1 the deadline for inpatient psychiatric facilities to begin collecting data on three quality measures adopted in the fiscal year 2016 IPF prospective payment system rule. The original deadline was July 1. The measures, which will apply to the FY 2019 payment determination, are: transition record with specified elements received by discharged patients; timely transmission of transition record measures; and screening for metabolic disorders.
CMS Delays Data Collection for Three Inpatient Psychiatric Facilities Quality Reporting Measures
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- NASHP Hospital Cost Tool Gives Insight on Spend on Patient Care Services
- Consumer Health Ratings to Close After 16 Years
- Study Finds CMS Hospital Ratings Highly Sensitive to Methodological Choices in Calculation
- CMS Proposed Rule to Suppress Public Reporting of Key Measures of Preventable Hospital-Caused Harm
- Call for Hospitals to Make Radical Transparency Real and Accessible to Improve Patient Safety