The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Office of Minority Health (CMS OMH) has released a new interactive map to increase understanding of geographic disparities in chronic disease among Medicare beneficiaries. The Mapping Medicare Disparities (MMD) Tool identifies disparities in health outcomes, utilization, and spending by race and ethnicity and geographic location. Understanding geographic differences in disparities is important to informing policy decisions and efficiently targeting populations and geographies for interventions.
CMS Releases Interactive Mapping Medicare Disparities Tool
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Study Finds Within Individual Health Systems Black and White Patients Received Different Opioid Doses
- Virginia Health Information’s Potentially Avoidable Emergency Department Visits
- Data to Drive Decisions: Efforts to Transform the Way Care Is Delivered and Paid for in Colorado: Medicare Reference Based Pricing and Data to Support Employer Alliances
- CMS-1752-F Final Rule for FY 2022 Long Term Care Hospital Quality Reporting Program
- WalletHub Study: 2021’s Best & Worst States for Health Care