AHA News writes: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released approximately 1,900 diagnosis codes that will be added to the ICD-10 coding system for health care claims in fiscal year 2017. The ICD-10-CM codes are available at www.cdc.gov. Some 3,651 new ICD-10 PCS inpatient procedure codes for FY 2017 were posted earlier this month at www.cms.gov. The large number of new codes is due to a partial freeze on updates to the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10 PCS codes prior to implementation of ICD-10 on Oct. 1, 2015.
CDC Releases New ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Findings from 2020 Nurse Practitioner Survey
- Report Finds Urgent Care Centers Not Associated With Decrease in Total Healthcare Costs
- Maryland Quality Reporting
- Press Ganey Report Finds Hospital Safety Declined Significantly After Year of Pandemic
- CMS Proposed Rule To Include New SNF Measures, Modification to Public Reporting for SNF QRP Quality Measures