AHA News writes: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released approximately 1,900 diagnosis codes that will be added to the ICD-10 coding system for health care claims in fiscal year 2017. The ICD-10-CM codes are available at www.cdc.gov. Some 3,651 new ICD-10 PCS inpatient procedure codes for FY 2017 were posted earlier this month at www.cms.gov. The large number of new codes is due to a partial freeze on updates to the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10 PCS codes prior to implementation of ICD-10 on Oct. 1, 2015.
CDC Releases New ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Report Finds U.S. Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Spending Increases By 10% To $491 Billion
- CMS Removes Hospital Price Transparency Requirement From 2022 Inpatient Payment Rule
- Quality Reporting Resources for ASCs
- Study Finds Within Individual Health Systems Black and White Patients Received Different Opioid Doses