AHA News writes: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released approximately 1,900 diagnosis codes that will be added to the ICD-10 coding system for health care claims in fiscal year 2017. The ICD-10-CM codes are available at www.cdc.gov. Some 3,651 new ICD-10 PCS inpatient procedure codes for FY 2017 were posted earlier this month at www.cms.gov. The large number of new codes is due to a partial freeze on updates to the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10 PCS codes prior to implementation of ICD-10 on Oct. 1, 2015.
CDC Releases New ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Leapfrog Announces 2022 Top Hospital and Top ASC Recipients
- New HCUP Statistical Brief: Racial and Ethnic Differences in Emergency Department Visits Related to Substance Use Disorders, 2019
- AHA Issue Brief Highlights Issue of Patients Facing Delays in Timely Discharges
- AHRQ Stats: Cost Barriers to Care Access
- U.S. News & World Report Reveals the 2022-2023 Best Hospitals for Maternity Care