An interesting article on how patients are often asked to make healthcare decisions in the face of ‘avoidable ignorance’. And how, for some highly integrated provider organizations like Group Health, shared decision-making has been a critical piece of their patient education programs for elective surgeries for years.
The Importance of Patient Education Programs for Shared-Decision Making
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Press Ganey Report Finds Hospital Safety Declined Significantly After Year of Pandemic
- CMS Proposed Rule To Include New SNF Measures, Modification to Public Reporting for SNF QRP Quality Measures
- CMS Proposed Rule Includes Changes to Public Reporting of Home Health Quality Measures, Hospice Patient Experience Measures
- Making the Case for Adjusting Quality Measures for Social Risk Factors
- Virginia Health Information Releases 2021 AHRQ QI Report