An interesting article on how patients are often asked to make healthcare decisions in the face of ‘avoidable ignorance’. And how, for some highly integrated provider organizations like Group Health, shared decision-making has been a critical piece of their patient education programs for elective surgeries for years.
The Importance of Patient Education Programs for Shared-Decision Making
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- New Payment Model on Improving Cancer Treatments Announced by CMS
- Lown Institute Releases 2022 Ranking of America’s Most Socially Responsible Hospitals
- New AHRQ HCUP Statistical Brief: Maternal ED Care
- Michigan Govenor Signs Bill to Lower Health Care Costs
- CMS Outlines Changes to 2023 Medicare Payments to Home Health Agencies