Health Data Management writes: A proposed rating methodology to assess the capabilities of electronic health records systems is getting mixed reviews from stakeholders. The Senate health committee proposes the establishment of a star-rating system for EHRs by the federal government based on three critical criteria—security, usability and interoperability. However industry groups such as the EHR Association and Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society say the private sector is better suited to make those kinds of assessments.
Proposed EHR Rating Methodology Gets Mixed Reviews from Industry Stakeholders
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- CMS-1754-F Final Rule for Changes to Home Health Quality Reporting Program
- CMS-1748-F Final Rule for FY 2022 Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities Quality Reporting Program
- CMS-1746-F: Final Rule for FY 2022 Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Reporting Program
- Report Finds Declining Volume in Pediatric, Maternal and Newborn Departments in U.S Health Systems, Uptake in Pediatric ICU Visits
- New Release: Massachusetts Acute Care Hospital Quarterly Update (October 2018 – March 2021)