Health Data Management writes: A proposed rating methodology to assess the capabilities of electronic health records systems is getting mixed reviews from stakeholders. The Senate health committee proposes the establishment of a star-rating system for EHRs by the federal government based on three critical criteria—security, usability and interoperability. However industry groups such as the EHR Association and Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society say the private sector is better suited to make those kinds of assessments.
Proposed EHR Rating Methodology Gets Mixed Reviews from Industry Stakeholders
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- U.S News Announces Changes to their Physician Survey
- Study Finds Significant Racial Disparities in Pediatric Mental Health Rehospitalizations
- Yelp Star Ratings on Health Care Facilities May Reveal County-Level Death Rate Disparities
- Healthgrades Releases 2022 Analysis of Top Hospitals for Specialty Care and Specialty Excellence Report
- FAIR Health Launches Interactive Maps Showing State-by-State COVID-19 Hospitalization and Treatment Costs