AHRQ’s Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) has released the 2013 National (Nationwide) Inpatient Sample (NIS). Researchers and policymakers can use the NIS to identify, track and analyze national trends in health care utilization, access, charges, quality and outcomes. The vast size of the NIS enables analyses of infrequent conditions, uncommon treatments and special patient populations. The 2013 NIS is available for purchase through the HCUP Central Distributor, and select statistics can be accessed via HCUPnet. Earlier years of the NIS are also available. The HCUP family of health care databases and related software tools and products is made possible by a federal-state-industry partnership sponsored by AHRQ.
AHRQ Releases 2013 Data on Inpatient Hospital Stays
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Survey of Employers Finds High-cost Claims Fastest Driver of Healthcare Expense for Employers
- Bill Introduced in NYC That Will Facilitate Analysis of Hospital Procedure Pricing
- AHRQ Stats: Uninsured Mothers by Income
- Study Finds Black and Hispanic Patients Experience Higher Rates of Adverse Surgery-Related Safety Events Across all Safety Grades
- Hospice Quality of Care Data Refresh on Care Compare Website