AHRQ’s Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) has released the 2013 National (Nationwide) Inpatient Sample (NIS). Researchers and policymakers can use the NIS to identify, track and analyze national trends in health care utilization, access, charges, quality and outcomes. The vast size of the NIS enables analyses of infrequent conditions, uncommon treatments and special patient populations. The 2013 NIS is available for purchase through the HCUP Central Distributor, and select statistics can be accessed via HCUPnet. Earlier years of the NIS are also available. The HCUP family of health care databases and related software tools and products is made possible by a federal-state-industry partnership sponsored by AHRQ.
AHRQ Releases 2013 Data on Inpatient Hospital Stays
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Study Finds Within Individual Health Systems Black and White Patients Received Different Opioid Doses
- Virginia Health Information’s Potentially Avoidable Emergency Department Visits
- Data to Drive Decisions: Efforts to Transform the Way Care Is Delivered and Paid for in Colorado: Medicare Reference Based Pricing and Data to Support Employer Alliances
- CMS-1752-F Final Rule for FY 2022 Long Term Care Hospital Quality Reporting Program
- WalletHub Study: 2021’s Best & Worst States for Health Care