Beckers Infection Control & Clinical Quality writes the latest CMS updated to Hospital Compare database (Oct 8th) with new patient experience survey results, show the number of hospitals receiving a five-star HCAHPS summary rating is down significantly since the last update in July. When the ratings first went live in April, 251 hospitals earned the highest available rating of five stars. When the data were updated in July to reflect HCAHPS scores gathered from October 2013 through September 2014, that number shot up to 336. Now, however, with HCAHPS data from January 2014 through December 2014, just 207 hospitals out of 3,539 earned a five-star HCAHPS summary star rating.
Decline in Number of Hospitals Receiving 5-star Rating in Latest CMS Hospital Compare Update
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Commonwealth Fund Release 2023 Scorecard on State Health System Performance
- U.S. News Announces the 2023-2024 Best Children’s Hospitals
- KFF Survey Finds Most Consumers Across Types of Insurance Had Problem with Coverage in Past Year
- Study Finds Transgender People More Likely to be Admitted When Seeking Emergency Care
- FAIR Health Launches Interactive Tool Tracking Cost of Giving Birth State by State