iHealthbeat reports the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released updated online ratings for nearly 6,000 dialysis centers to Medicare’s Dialysis Facility Compare website. In January, CMS added an online star-rating system for dialysis facilities as part of a broader federal effort to increase transparency and help Medicare beneficiaries compare providers. The site already included information about hospitalization and fatality rates. The star-rating system ranks dialysis facilities on a curve using a scale from one to five stars. The ratings were determined based on publicly reported quality measures.
CMS Posts Updated Star Ratings for Medicare Dialysis Facilities Online
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- California Health Care Foundation Study — Health Care Markets in California Approaching Monopoly Levels
- NCQA Launches Pilot Program for Health Equity Accreditation Plus
- Lack of Price Transparency for Radiology Services
- AHRQ HCUP Fast Stats Data Update
- CO APCD Claims Volume Data Show Continued Increase in Behavioral Health Services