iHealthbeat reports the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released updated online ratings for nearly 6,000 dialysis centers to Medicare’s Dialysis Facility Compare website. In January, CMS added an online star-rating system for dialysis facilities as part of a broader federal effort to increase transparency and help Medicare beneficiaries compare providers. The site already included information about hospitalization and fatality rates. The star-rating system ranks dialysis facilities on a curve using a scale from one to five stars. The ratings were determined based on publicly reported quality measures.
CMS Posts Updated Star Ratings for Medicare Dialysis Facilities Online
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Commonwealth Fund: Health Care in the U.S. Compared to Other High-Income Countries
- Report Finds U.S. Out-of-Pocket Healthcare Spending Increases By 10% To $491 Billion
- CMS Removes Hospital Price Transparency Requirement From 2022 Inpatient Payment Rule
- Quality Reporting Resources for ASCs
- Study Finds Within Individual Health Systems Black and White Patients Received Different Opioid Doses