iHealthbeat reports the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released updated online ratings for nearly 6,000 dialysis centers to Medicare’s Dialysis Facility Compare website. In January, CMS added an online star-rating system for dialysis facilities as part of a broader federal effort to increase transparency and help Medicare beneficiaries compare providers. The site already included information about hospitalization and fatality rates. The star-rating system ranks dialysis facilities on a curve using a scale from one to five stars. The ratings were determined based on publicly reported quality measures.
CMS Posts Updated Star Ratings for Medicare Dialysis Facilities Online
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- CIVHC Release: Medicare Reference-Based Price Analysis
- WalletHub: 2021’s Best & Worst States for Children’s Health Care
- Study Finds Many Women Lack Insurance Coverage Before or After Pregnancy
- U.S. Records Rise in Maternal Death Rate from 2018 to 2019
- Study Finds Many Older Americans Using Physician Online Ratings When Choosing Physicians