iHealthbeat reports the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released updated online ratings for nearly 6,000 dialysis centers to Medicare’s Dialysis Facility Compare website. In January, CMS added an online star-rating system for dialysis facilities as part of a broader federal effort to increase transparency and help Medicare beneficiaries compare providers. The site already included information about hospitalization and fatality rates. The star-rating system ranks dialysis facilities on a curve using a scale from one to five stars. The ratings were determined based on publicly reported quality measures.
CMS Posts Updated Star Ratings for Medicare Dialysis Facilities Online
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Consumer Health Ratings to Close After 16 Years
- Study Finds CMS Hospital Ratings Highly Sensitive to Methodological Choices in Calculation
- CMS Proposed Rule to Suppress Public Reporting of Key Measures of Preventable Hospital-Caused Harm
- Call for Hospitals to Make Radical Transparency Real and Accessible to Improve Patient Safety
- NQF Begins Accepting Public Comments to Review Quality Measures Used in Federal Programs