Initially launched in February 2015 by the Health Care Cost Institute (HCCI), guroo.com provides national, state and local cost information for common health conditions and services using claims from multiple insurers for more than 40 million insured individuals. The latest round of enhancements, released on September 10, 2015, focus on the consumer experience, location features and educational content. Consumers can search for a location using the 2-letter state abbreviation and read articles that provide insights into finding a good doctor and choosing a hospital. Other enhancements provide consumers with more content around topics being searched, such as suggesting related or alternative care bundles/tests or directing them to the full list of care bundles and tests if the term searched on is not available. Upcoming enhancements will include the addition of quality metrics and over 100 new care bundles.
Enhancements to HCCI’s Health Care Transparency Tool (Guroo)
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- New Study Compares Prices and Price Transparency Among Top-Ranked Hospitals and Close Competitors
- New Study: No Surprises Act Prevented Over Two Million Potential Surprise Bills for Insured Americans
- Leapfrog Group Call to Action: Don’t Let CMS Suppress Data on 25,000 Deaths a Year in Hospitals
- HCCI 2020 Health Care Cost and Utilization Report
- Results From International Pilot Survey on Health Care Environmental Hygiene at Facility Level Highlights Need for Improvement