Initially launched in February 2015 by the Health Care Cost Institute (HCCI), guroo.com provides national, state and local cost information for common health conditions and services using claims from multiple insurers for more than 40 million insured individuals. The latest round of enhancements, released on September 10, 2015, focus on the consumer experience, location features and educational content. Consumers can search for a location using the 2-letter state abbreviation and read articles that provide insights into finding a good doctor and choosing a hospital. Other enhancements provide consumers with more content around topics being searched, such as suggesting related or alternative care bundles/tests or directing them to the full list of care bundles and tests if the term searched on is not available. Upcoming enhancements will include the addition of quality metrics and over 100 new care bundles.
Enhancements to HCCI’s Health Care Transparency Tool (Guroo)
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- CIVHC Release: Medicare Reference-Based Price Analysis
- WalletHub: 2021’s Best & Worst States for Children’s Health Care
- Study Finds Many Women Lack Insurance Coverage Before or After Pregnancy
- U.S. Records Rise in Maternal Death Rate from 2018 to 2019
- Study Finds Many Older Americans Using Physician Online Ratings When Choosing Physicians