Healthcare IT News reports Yelp is teaming up with ProPublica to put more healthcare facility data and reviews into the hands of the consumer.. In efforts to broaden its reach beyond retail and restaurants, the San Francisco-based Yelp on Aug. 5 announced it would be inking a deal with with nonprofit news organization ProPublica to integrate data from CMS onto the business pages of more than 25,000 healthcare facilities in the U.S. CMS data slated to be integrated with Yelp reviews include its hospital, nursing home and dialysis compare dataset, reporting on 4,600 hospitals; 15,000 nursing homes and 6,300 dialysis centers across an extensive set of metrics. ProPublica recently released a scorecard of surgeon complication rates.
ProPublica and Yelp to Integrate CMS Hospital, Nursing Homes, Dialysis Compare Data with Yelp Reviews
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Study Finds Within Individual Health Systems Black and White Patients Received Different Opioid Doses
- Virginia Health Information’s Potentially Avoidable Emergency Department Visits
- Data to Drive Decisions: Efforts to Transform the Way Care Is Delivered and Paid for in Colorado: Medicare Reference Based Pricing and Data to Support Employer Alliances
- CMS-1752-F Final Rule for FY 2022 Long Term Care Hospital Quality Reporting Program
- WalletHub Study: 2021’s Best & Worst States for Health Care