Healthcare IT News reports Yelp is teaming up with ProPublica to put more healthcare facility data and reviews into the hands of the consumer.. In efforts to broaden its reach beyond retail and restaurants, the San Francisco-based Yelp on Aug. 5 announced it would be inking a deal with with nonprofit news organization ProPublica to integrate data from CMS onto the business pages of more than 25,000 healthcare facilities in the U.S. CMS data slated to be integrated with Yelp reviews include its hospital, nursing home and dialysis compare dataset, reporting on 4,600 hospitals; 15,000 nursing homes and 6,300 dialysis centers across an extensive set of metrics. ProPublica recently released a scorecard of surgeon complication rates.
ProPublica and Yelp to Integrate CMS Hospital, Nursing Homes, Dialysis Compare Data with Yelp Reviews
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Study Identifies Factors Associated With Overuse of Health Care Within US Health Systems
- Study Found Negative Patient Descriptors Used in Black Patient EHRs, Documenting Racial Bias
- Interactive Tool Provides New Data on Hospital Trends for COVID-19 and Other Conditions
- Altarum Healthcare Value Hub New Release: Michigan and Maine Consumer Healthcare Experience State Surveys
- Study Finds Increased Use of New Cancer Drugs Without Documented Clinical Benefit, With Major Cost Implications for Patients