AHA News writes: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has extended to Aug. 28 the deadline for reporting healthcare-associated infection data to quality reporting programs for inpatient and long-term care hospitals, inpatient rehabilitation facilities and prospective payment system-exempt cancer hospitals. The extension applies only to HAI data submitted to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Healthcare Safety Network, which has experienced intermittent problems that CDC expects to resolve soon, CMS said. The Aug. 15 deadline remains in effect for clinical process of care and perinatal care elective delivery data.
CMS extends HAI data submission deadline for hospitals, IRFs
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Guidehouse Analysis Finds 30% of Hospitals Failing to Comply With Hospital Price Transparency Rule
- First Hospital Recognised For Comprehensive Excellence by American College of Surgeons Geriatric Surgery Verification Program
- Price Comparison for Hospitals in Philadelphia Still Proving Difficult Even Though Hospitals Now Disclose Prices For Care
- Increased Transparency of Health Care Costs, Quality in California
- Arkansas Healthcare Transparency Initiative