AHA News writes: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has extended to Aug. 28 the deadline for reporting healthcare-associated infection data to quality reporting programs for inpatient and long-term care hospitals, inpatient rehabilitation facilities and prospective payment system-exempt cancer hospitals. The extension applies only to HAI data submitted to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Healthcare Safety Network, which has experienced intermittent problems that CDC expects to resolve soon, CMS said. The Aug. 15 deadline remains in effect for clinical process of care and perinatal care elective delivery data.
CMS extends HAI data submission deadline for hospitals, IRFs
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Commonwealth Fund Release 2023 Scorecard on State Health System Performance
- U.S. News Announces the 2023-2024 Best Children’s Hospitals
- KFF Survey Finds Most Consumers Across Types of Insurance Had Problem with Coverage in Past Year
- Study Finds Transgender People More Likely to be Admitted When Seeking Emergency Care
- FAIR Health Launches Interactive Tool Tracking Cost of Giving Birth State by State