Online patient community PatientsLikeMe and the FDA are forming a research partnership for its massive repository of patient-generated data on health conditions and treatments, writes MobiHealthNews. The agency will assess the platform’s feasibility as a way to generate adverse event reports, which the FDA uses to regulate drugs after their release into the market.
FDA Partners with PatientsLikeMe For Social Media Adverse Event Reporting
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- Altarum Healthcare Value Hub New Release: Michigan and Maine Consumer Healthcare Experience State Surveys
- Study Finds Increased Use of New Cancer Drugs Without Documented Clinical Benefit, With Major Cost Implications for Patients
- Study Explores Trends, Outcomes in Outpatient Joint Replacement Compared to Hospital Stay
- NEW REPORT: In 37 States, Workers’ Health Insurance Premiums and Deductibles Take Up 10 Percent or More of Median Income
- New Report Evaluates and Ranks Doctor Information on State Medical Board Websites