Kaiser Health News writes: The government takes performance into account when paying hospitals, one of the biggest changes in Medicare’s 50-year-history. Kaiser Health News has tracked the major incentive programs created by the federal health law: penalties for hospitals that readmit too many people within 30 days, penalties for hospitals with excess numbers of patient injuries, and bonuses and penalties for hospitals based on several dozen quality measures, including patient satisfaction and death rates. KHN also provides easy-to-read charts and downloadable data sets that show Medicare’s financial actions for hospitals throughout the country.
KHN: Paying for Hospital Quality
More from United StatesMore posts in United States »
- California Health Care Foundation Study — Health Care Markets in California Approaching Monopoly Levels
- NCQA Launches Pilot Program for Health Equity Accreditation Plus
- Lack of Price Transparency for Radiology Services
- AHRQ HCUP Fast Stats Data Update
- CO APCD Claims Volume Data Show Continued Increase in Behavioral Health Services