Virginia Health Information (VHI) published 20 new hospital quality measures to their Hospital Quality Report. The measures include mortality rates for pneumonia and stroke and results of care such as blood clots and accidental cuts and tears during treatment as well as more than a dozen other measures including many patient safety topics. The report (www.vhi.org/monahrq) allows consumers to compare quality ratings either by one or more hospitals for a specific health topic or by one or more health topics for up to five hospitals. The quality measures are produced after evaluating all patient discharges from Virginia hospitals and are nationally endorsed for use in public reporting of hospital quality.
Virginia Health Information Expands Hospital Quality Report
More from VirginiaMore posts in Virginia »
- Hospital Price Transparency Bill Introduced in Virginia General Assembly
- Virginia Health Information Publishes 2021 Industry Report: Comparing the Performance of Virginia’s Healthcare Providers
- Virginia Hospitals: Charity Care Dashboard
- Virginia Health Information’s Potentially Avoidable Emergency Department Visits
- Virginia Health Information Publishes HMO Cost and Quality Report