Virginia Health Information (VHI) published 20 new hospital quality measures to their Hospital Quality Report. The measures include mortality rates for pneumonia and stroke and results of care such as blood clots and accidental cuts and tears during treatment as well as more than a dozen other measures including many patient safety topics. The report (www.vhi.org/monahrq) allows consumers to compare quality ratings either by one or more hospitals for a specific health topic or by one or more health topics for up to five hospitals. The quality measures are produced after evaluating all patient discharges from Virginia hospitals and are nationally endorsed for use in public reporting of hospital quality.
Virginia Health Information Expands Hospital Quality Report
More from VirginiaMore posts in Virginia »
- Virginia Health Information Publishes HMO Cost and Quality Report
- Virginia Health Information Releases 2021 AHRQ QI Report
- Virginia Health Information Publishes 2020 Patient Level Data for Quarter 2: First Release of Hospital Discharge Data that Includes CDC’s COVID-19 Diagnosis Code
- VHI Publishes 2020 Industry Report: Comparing the Performance of Virginia’s Healthcare Providers
- Prescription Drug Price Transparency Bill Moves Closer to Law